Life Simply Sweet Home Howdy Lily N Wren Contact

Friday, April 29, 2011

Alabama Relief...



I have partnered with Crystal of Lily b. Photography and several other boutiques
to help raise money to help the devastated Alabama.
You can buy a raffle ticket to win one of many great prizes.

Here is the post from Crystal:
many of you know that i am from alabama. i grew up in enterprise, a smallish town in southeast alabama. i went to enterprise high school – home of the wildcats – where i was an athlete, a friend, and a good student. i attended troy university in troy for undergrad. i was socially awkward and nervous. i wanted to change the world. i ended up with an english degree. on a whim, i applied to the university of alabama school of law and was accepted. i lived in tuscaloosa for three years. i met my husband there. i got engaged there. i made friends. connected with mentors. lost and found myself again. after law school, i left tuscaloosa and moved to birmingham, alabama, where my sister and almost all of my extended family still live. i clerked for a federal judge. i got married. i became an aunt. i found out i was expecting a baby. i grew apart from friends and met one of my dearest friends. i struggled. i succeeded. my husband and i decided to move to washington, d.c.
i was so happy to leave. alabama was not the place for me.
yesterday, i watched helplessly as a tornado ripped through my home state of alabama. i worried about my loved ones. i worried about those people that i didn’t know but whose lives are somehow connected to my own through the commonality of this state. alabama. i watched parts of you destroyed. and, i wept for you. i worried for you. i hate you but i love you. you are my family.
lives have been lost. homes destroyed. horrifying. surreal. devastating. words are not adequate. i want to help. i need to help. my hope is that you do too.

Please go to the following link every little bit helps.




No comments:

Post a Comment